Your Cart:
0 Items
Order Total: $0.00

0 Product

Home About Us Links Import Aircraft to USA

Events Mini-calendar

February 2018 March 2018
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Follow us on

RAF2000 Facebook RAF2000 Twitter RAF2000 LinkedIn
Import Aircraft to USA PDF Print E-mail

To register an imported aircraft, you must provide the following:

  • a statement by the official having jurisdiction over the National Aircraft Registry of the foreign country of export indicating that registration has ended or that the aircraft was never registered
  • evidence of ownership, such as a Bill of Sale, signed in ink, from the foreign seller to the U. S. applicant/owner
  • a completed Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050-1
  • a check or money order made payable to the Federal Aviation Administration in the amount of $5 (U.S. funds)

We handle imports on a priority basis. Please write "Import" in red ink on the envelope and the request.


You must use an original Aircraft Registration Application, AC Form 8050-1. We don't accept photocopies or computer-generated copies of this form. You can obtain Aircraft Registration Applications from the Aircraft Registration Branch or your local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO).

If you use a P.O. Box as a mailing address, you must also include your street address or physical location on the application. If necessary, provide directions or a map for locating your residence or place of business.

Your application for aircraft registration must include the typed or printed name and signature of each applicant. We will return any applications that do not include the printed or typed name of the signer.

For more information, review Information to Aid in the Registration of Imported Aircraft, AC Form 8050-124I (PDF) or contact the Aircraft Registration Branch.